- This event has passed.
February 15 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm$25.00
Suicide Prevention Workshop
Most people with thoughts of suicide don’t truly want to die, but are struggling with the pain in their lives. Through their words and actions, they invite help to stay alive. safeTALK teaches participants to recognize their invitations, engage with the person with thoughts of suicide, and connect them with resources to help them be safer from suicide.
Attend the half-day safeTALK program and learn to:
– Notice and respond to situation where suicide thoughts may be present.
– Recognize that invitations for help are often overlooked.
– Move beyond the common tendency to miss, dismiss, and avoid suicide.
Who should attend the workshop?
– By providing a universal model with adaptable components, safeTALK offers useful skills to every audience.
– Anyone over the age of 15 can attend.
– Formal caregivers use safeTALK skills, but students, teachers, first responders, public and private employees and professional athletes also benefit from the program.
What Can I Expect?
– safeTALK is a powerful experience.
– You’ll feel challenged, empowered and hopeful.
– At the end of the workshop you will have a chance to practice these new skills.
Cost: $25 includes safeTALK Participant Kit
Class size limited to 15
Register today by contacting Barbara Litrell 649-0135 or email@example.com